Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Card Drive for Addison: CLOSED

THANK YOU for a Successful Drive!  
Winners are posted HERE.




Addison is a beautiful, athletic, and spunky 6 year old little girl and happens 
to be the daughter of one of my dearest friends.
On September 28, 2012 she was taken to the doctor for a reoccurring fever.  After blood work, they learned that she did not have a bacterial infection or virus as many would expect, but Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) of the T-cells. T-cells complicate treatment.  The doctors have placed her on a two YEAR treatment plan which began on September 29 with chemotherapy started on September 30.  I cannot imagine what my dear friends went through during those first 48 hours and the incredible fight they have in front of them.  

You can follow Addison's journey through her Caring Bridges page:
You'll need an email address and create a password.

I am hosting a card drive for sweet Addison.
My goal is to collect 104 handmade cards to give her one card per week for two years. 
More if possible!

She has two sisters Avery (5) and Ansley (2).   
All the girls love animals, the colors pink and purple, 
princesses and sports, anything cute or funny. 
Addison esp. loves the water, sports, bouncy houses and other athletic events she looks forward to doing again.


If you would like to help encourage her on her journey here are some guidelines:
  • Cards can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc.You can include or incorporate kid-friendly jokes! Please avoid get well card and reminders of being sick.  Please avoid holiday specific cards so the cards can be used anytime over the next two years. 
  • Cards can be for Addison or one of her sisters. Write the name of the recipient on the outside of the envelope. 
  • All cards need to have a positive message in it for the child/family.  Please also sign your name and where you are from.  There could be a geography lesson in there!  Also, please don't seal the envelope, as the parents might want to preview cards before the kids see them.
  • Please stick to just cards or lightweight things like stickers, etc. if you'd to put something in the card.  I will be delivering the cards to the family so no additional shipping costs will be incurred.
  • You are welcome to send store-bought cards, but they will not be eligible for prizes.
  • There is no need to send money with your cards. 
  •  In each package, PLEASE include a piece of paper with your name, address, email address and how many cards you sent . This help greatly in keeping track for prizes!  For each handmade card you send, you will get a chance for a prize.  So the more cards you send, the better your chances; however, one prize per person.
  • Please postmark cards by December 20th 30th
  • Winners of prizes will be randomly drawn on or around January 15 and notified on this blog and via email (if provided with cards)
  • All cards can be mailed to the following address:
Kelly Bertram
P.O. Box 58156
Cincinnati, Ohio 45258-0156



Prizes: 
Prize #1:  $25 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp
Prize #2:  $25 gift certificate to Two Peas in a Bucket
Prize #3:  Custom Blog Header Design by Karen Baker from The Bald Dragonfly
                 valued at $25 (some restrictions apply) 
Prize #4: $25 gift certificate generously donated by Lawn Fawn for the Lawn Fawn store!
Prize #5:  $25 gift certificate to A Cherry On Top donated by a generous online friend 
Prize #6: 25 gift certificate to Studio Calico generously donated by Studio Calico. 
                They have gorgeous scrapbook kits as well as adorable card kits!!   
Prize #7: Spot in one of Jennifer McGuire's card classes (more info to come) so sweetly donated by Jennifer McGuire!  



Please feel free to share this card drive with others. I am a baby blog with few followers and would be so grateful if you can share this on your blog.  Use challenge blogs for your inspiration (maybe you'll be a double winner!). 
Thank you so much for your generosity.
I pray these cards will lift the spirits of the family and bring them little moments of comfort and joy during this difficult time.  
They have a very long road ahead of them and you can make it a bit smoother.  

If you have any additional questions not addressed above, 
please email me at kellybertram (at) hotmail (dot) com. 

God Bless You,
Kelly



24 comments:

Betsy said...

Kelly - I am a friends of Jody's from Greenville (our moms graduated high school together and remain good friends). I put a request into my favorite online scrap community www.studiocalico.com for a donation for the card drive.

Betsy Gourley
betsygourley@yahoo.com

~amy~ said...

I'll gladly share this on Saturday morning....I can't imagine what Addison and her family are going through....happy to help out in anyway.

~amy~ said...

P.S. I went ahead and added it to my side bar:)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I just recruited my little helper, off to make our now somewhat think envelop (he doesn't make one layer cards).

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I will definitely be participating and when I have access to my computer (on my phone now) I will add it to my blog too.

MS said...

Hi Kelly! I have a follow up question after I made a few cards. Would it be ok if I made 2-3 cards with the same design? I thought the same designed cards could go to each girl or spread out time wise.

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, I came by way of Barb Murphy (Kinsale Creations) and will send you a card (or more) for Addison and her family. I've also added a link on my flickr post since I don't have a blog. Prayers going out to this sweet girl and her family.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

I'll send you out some cards this week :)

Dawn said...

What a great thing to do for this family. I am going to spread the word in three of my Yahoo Scrappy Groups. Knowing you will receive tons of cards. Will keep the family in my prayers.

Jen said...

what a great thing you are doing!! i'll get some cards out to you soon!!

pcm said...

i'll repost this on the HA flickr group board if you haven't already!

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, I've made a few cards and am getting ready to send them out, but haven't written anything yet. I was wondering if it would ok to address one to Addsion and leave the rest blank so her parents have cards they can give to whichever child they feel needs one? Just thinking it would save Mom and Dad having to go out and buy something...let me know :)

Teresa Kline said...

I mailed cards to you today for Addison! thank you!

hugs *~*

Dawn Darlene said...

I will be sending a card! Thanks for doing this for her. I have suffered with ill health and these cards will lift her spirits sooo much!

Lynnette said...

Hi! i just came from a website who brought me to your blog. You can count on me from Alberta, Canada to make each of these girls a card! Thanks for sharing this information so that I can help out.

reeree62 said...

Kelly, I just went to the caring bridge site, and went back to day one, reading all the journal entries. WOW, what that family has had to endure. I am going to pray for Addison & her family every single day. I'll be sending cards...<3

Ree Donnelly
http://powerofpositiveinkin.blogspot.com

Patti J said...

Hi Kelly, I'm a friend of Karen Hashek's, and I will be sending at least one card for each of the girls. I've also added the photo and info to my sidebar. Bless you for doing this for Addison and her family. I'm also your newest follower - would love to keep up with how the drive is going...besides, your blog's adorable! Feel free to stalk me if you like.

Joyce said...

Hi. I've got some cards I'll be taking to the post office tomorrow. What a heart wrenching story. So glad I could help in a tiny way.

lcozzy said...

I put a post on my favorite online stamping company's facebook page. I hope they will donate a prize. What a great idea and cause! I also run "Scrapbooking Swaps" through facebook and have 250 members that I shared the info with! Praying to get alot on board with this idea!
Lisa Gardner

Anonymous said...

Kelly, my husband is currently battling lymphoma and I know how difficult this must be for Addison and her family. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts and will be working on a batch of cards to send out for everyone in the family. I've also posted your link on my blog (but it's not heavily trafficked yet). You're a great friend. Hope you get more cards than you know what to do with :-)

Laura Love said...

What a beautiful idea! I will post this on both of our company blogs, and will do a special post this Sunday. I will also share it on our facebook page :)

I will be sending some cards too!

Sue said...

Hi Kelly, glad you received the box of cards okay. Have more, will send another box near future.
God Bless you for what you are doing.

My email address is rsdrees@verizon.net

Hugs
Sue Drees

Lynnda said...

Hello Kelly,

I'm glad you have received those cards I made for Addison. Thank you so much for sweet compliments, really appreciate.

Have a great week ahead... hugs...xoxo

Rose said...

Hi Kelly
I am so glad i read about this on a few of my blogger buddies blogs :)
off to make and send cards!!

you are so sweet to be doing this!!!