Thursday, April 19, 2012

LF Make 'Em Laugh: Pickup Basketball

Hi there.
Well, my pup is making another appearance today.
I saw so many funny cards submitted to the Lawn Fawn "Make 'Em Laugh" challenge
I figured I would try to make one too.  These cards are going to Operation Write Home and will be given to soldiers to send to their friends and family.

The pups are all ready for their pick up game with the rabbits who apparently
have been very "busy" gathering teammates.

LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of masking on this card.  
I decided the pups needed matching T-shirts which presented a challenge for the brown pup's tail.




I used a Copic (the one that I have) to create a gray background and realized the bunnies were getting lost, so I tried some distress inks and water mixture and painted the background.  
I got the idea because I had just watched Chari Moss's recent video 
THIS morning about Distress Watercoloring!   
Here's a better picture of the pun and background:





Special thanks to my older brother for helping with the puns.
Others included:
Where did they get all these guys?
Every single one of those guys can put it in the hole
They score like putting eggs in a basket
They could at least wear numbers... and pants
Who's guarding the little gray guy?


Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Burbs
Inks: Memento, Distress Faded Jeans and Weathered Wood
Other: Prisma pencils, Liquid Pearls and Recollections hoop, toothpick, Glossy Accents


Thanks for looking,
Kelly

2 comments:

Eve said...

lol, this is funny, and cute! Luv all doggy's wiggling eyes! :-)

Kelly Roberts said...

oh kelly this is so cute. love the eyes on the doggies. great job on this one.