Saturday, April 21, 2012

CFC49: kites!

I am so into chevrons right now.  
I can't wear them and they don't fit the decor of the house,
but I can sure use them on cards, right?

I made this little card using Lawn Fawn's Chevron Backdrops stamp.  
The kite image is from Purple Onion's newest release "The Sweetest Day". 
 I won the entire collection from the company's blog.  
Thank you Purple Onion and Michele!

The kites were stamped, colored, cut out and raised with a pop dot.
Click on the photo for a closer look.


The inside:






The design is from the CAS-ual Friday's sketch challenge.



I am entering this card in the CAS-ual Friday sketch challenge #49

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn's "Chevron Backdrops" and Purple Onion "The Sweetest Day"
Inks: Memento London Fog, Distress Pumice (edges), Memento black
Coloring: Prismacolor pencils

Thanks for looking,
Kelly

5 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Super cute! Love your take on the sketch :) Glad you played along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karen B. said...

I wish chevrons had a place in my house too, other than on crafty paper. Your card is so cute, I especially like how the design is carried inside. Thanks too for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kelly Roberts said...

i am starting to see chevron around. very popular now. i like how you used it on this card with the kites. seeing these kites reminds me of fun times i had as a kid flying one. :) great work my friend.

Darnell said...

A totally cute kite card! I love that chevron background with the popped kites!

donna mikasa said...

great card, Kelly! love your take on the sketch with the POD kites! looks great against the chevron BG.