Monday, August 1, 2011

CFC13: 4x9 card

I was inspired this week to try the challenge over at
CAS-ual Fridays #13: the long and the short of it using a 4x9 card! 
I have never tried their challenge before due to time constraints, but when I saw Karen Baker's adorable whale card, I loved the look of the 4x9 card and decided to try it!

 I scored the white panel to give it an clean and simple look around the sides.
The dog was stamped, colored,  Stickled, Glossified (new word?), and flocked. 
I stamped the ball in black and red to combine to get the black outline and red stitching.
I gave the ball a little bit of dimension with a pop dot.

You should be able to click on the picture for a clear view, darn blogger...


My doggie has a sparkly collar, glossy nose and tag and flocked muzzle!



 


 
Supplies:
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the Burbs" and "Harold's ABC"
Ink:  Memento black and Stampin' Up red
Papers:  Neenah white cs and red cs
Other: MS score board, Glossy Accents, MS flocking powder, Stickles

Thanks for looking.
I "had a ball" making it.... hee hee
Kelly

6 comments:

Dana said...

Awww, this is darling and your scored border is great. Such a good use of white space! Perfect for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Karen B. said...

This is such a sweet card, and wow, how I love all that white space. It allows for the adorable pup and his ball to shine! Seriously love your playful colors and your overall design! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jennipher said...

What a cute card Kelly! Simple and fun with a bit of bling. Perfect.

Jenny said...

There are some terrific cards this week to look at and this has to be my fave to date :)
I just love all the WS and wish I could feel his flocked muzzle...eeek, so cute!
Jenny x

Kelly Roberts said...

wow, this is a neat card. very fun size. nice work ms. kelly!

Court said...

Clean, simple, and gorgeous! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it and good luck in the giveaway! :)