Friday, May 25, 2012

L34: Cutlery Holders

Going to be a hot one this weekend!
I was working in my craft space today and it was getting rather toasty in there.
The AC has been turned on...

Sharing a little project I made for an upcoming teacher appreciation luncheon for my younger son's preschool staff.  I can't believe we are finished with preschool. In fact, I took the little guy to the doctor today for his check-up and kindergarten shots.  
He was very excited to tell his brother that he had gotten the shots 
was was now ready to start kindergarten after the summer is over.  

I took some small bags, cut them down with pinking scissors, 
dry embossed them with the "thanks" folder in the cuttlebug.  

Looks better "live". 
 If you click on the photo you can probably see the embossed bag better.
Another mom donated yellow plates so I found yellow 
cutlery and used my Twinery butter cream twine. 



Here's the back.  
I secured the twine with a little cute washi tape:


My tag was stamped with the Lawn Fawn chevron and 
then I heat embossed the "thank you" in black.


I saw this project on Pinterest.
HERE is the blog post with picnic ideas. 

I am submitting this project in the Lawnscaping #34: Embossing Challenge (heat or dry)



Thanks for looking,
Kelly

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

Such a clever and cute idea, I think it will add a great touch to the luncheon!

Laurel Beard said...

What a great idea!!!!!! I love this! Very cute and clever!! :)

melania deasy said...

great idea!! Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)