Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Christmas/Winter card in May??

Howdy.
Inspired by FOUR different challenges, I created the Christmas card below.
I finished a layout using the Basic Grey Jovial line so figured I use some of the scraps and get a "jump" on the holidays.

The bunny was stamped several times on Kraft (sled), white (body),
cream (background) and BG stripe (scarf). 
The bunny was paper pieced, flocked and given a dollop of liquid pearl on the tail.
The sled was pieced also.

I really love how this card turned out. 
I love the layering in the sketch which highlights the beautiful patterns
 in this BG line of papers.  I have trouble layering and the sketch REALLY did the work!
I opted for the charm saying "wonderful" in case I decide to use it as a birthday card later...







Challenges for this project:











Supplies: 
Paper: Basic Grey "Jovial" and cardstock from stash
Stamp:  "Winter Bunny" by Lawn Fawn
Ink:  Memento
Other: Jute twine, charm from Tim Holtz. flocking powder, Liquid Pearls by Ranger


Thanks for visiting today!
~Kelly

7 comments:

Kelly Roberts said...

Very cute card. Great job on mixing the challenges together. You are right to be making holiday cards now. It will be here before we know it. I haven't posted the card challenge on 2 peas for a while. We have all been so busy. Now that they have the cardmaking thread, I thought of continuing it over there but not sure. Any thoughts? You can email me at ksimonew@aol.com or peamail. Have a good day.

Karen B. said...

Such a fun card, I love that snow!!! Also, congrats on your win at the last Limelight challenge! Loved your card!

jestar said...

gorgeous card - the colours are perfect for a wintry feel :)

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Too cute! You are so organised to get a jump start on Christmas alreay. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. I'm off to have a further look around :)

Heather said...

Great card, love the colours, papers and such a sweet little white rabbit!!

So glad you joined us at Basic Grey this week,
hugs
Heather xx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is adorable! Love the "snow". Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Giovana said...

Really cute! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.