Friday, January 21, 2011

Limelight Sketch #64 chipboard: male b-day card

For this Limelight Papercrafts Sketch Challenge incorporating chipboard,  I decided to make a male birthday card so I manned up today! 
I shopped my stash for anything manly and found a 3" chipboard circle, my ignored edge distressor, rugged twine, star brads, and sports paper. 



I painted the chipboard circle with brown paint and then adhered the 3" circle cut on the Cricut. The letters were cut from the "Cuttin' Up" cartridge.  I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch the holes in the chipboard for the star brads.  It's one of those tools I don't use often, but I am glad I have it!


The Sketch:

Supplies:
Paper: We R Memory Keepers "MVP", cardstock
Stamp: Stampin Up
Ink: Distress in Vintage Photo, Memento
Cricut: George and Cuttin Up
Other: chipboard circle from stash, twine, star brads, Tim Holtz edge distressor, Crop-a-Dile

Thanks for looking! ~Kelly

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

Fantastic masculine card, they are always so hard to make but I think you've nailed it!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, that is SO CLEVER...and i agree totally with karen: guy cards are just HARDER to make...but you have soooooo ♥ROCKED♥ the sketch! :)

Maggie said...

Man cards are so hard to do, aren't they? :) You did a great job! Love those stars on the focal panel!

Mandy said...

Adorable!! Great job with a guy card! :) So glad you played along again! Also...your prize from the last sketch is on the way, if you haven't received it yet! So sorry to be slow!