Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Update: Card Drive for Addison

update 12/2012: Addison was admitted into the hospital today with a fever.  She will be there a couple of days, missing her school Christmas party.  Please pray for healing as she battles this dangerous fever. You can read the parents' journey on their Caring Bridges pages linked below.
Thank you.

The CARD DRIVE for ADDISON is ending soon.
Please have all cards postmarked by December 30.

 Addison's hair was coming out quickly last week so she decided
to shave her head.  Daddy shaved his too.  
Please continue your prayers and positive thoughts for the family. 
You can read about their journey on their Caring Bridges pages.






I have a couple boxes of cards to inventory, but I am happy and
 touched to report I have received 215+ cards for the family! 
I shipped one box to them and will deliver the rest soon.

Hopefully, I'll be back tomorrow with projects.  

On a personal note, my little guy's Kindergarten concert was this morning.
Each child was given the microphone and had the opportunity to say what makes Christmas special for him/her.  Unprompted, my son shared that "Jesus being born" was what made Christmas special for him.  Such a great testimony for me as I feel bogged down by all the crafty things, the treats, the cards, etc. that it is important to remember MY reason for the season and pause to celebrate the gift of Jesus. 

 God Bless you all as you finish up all of 
your holiday projects with a happy heart.  
-Kelly




2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Hope that Addison is doing okay....love the pic of Addison and her Dad...215+....that rocks!

Loly Borda said...

I'm so glad you have such a great response. Mine are on its way. Thank you Kelly for organizing this drive.