Monday, June 3, 2013

NEON hello card for Maddy



Decided to make a card for MADDY, a young teen battling AML, a type of Leukemia.
You can read about it HERE.

I am using the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch #30 and the
 inspiration from the Let's Get Trendy Challenge: NEON

Lacking neon, I browsed Michael's and found these adorable pre-made banners.  I used that as my start and added papers from my stash (Simple Stories, MME).
I bought the sequins last week in anticipation for that upcoming 
challenge so I used them here as flower centers. 

I felt the card needed a handmade element so I stamped the Hero Arts flower, 
colored it with matching Copics and cut them out.  
The first card will go to Maddy and the other is for my stash.





 DSC04855 




I am also entering this card into Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes Challenge


Thanks for visiting,
Kelly

7 comments:

Lin said...

So pleased that you'll be sending a card to Maddy, Kelly - thank you! We're glad that you shared these with us at Simon Says Stamp!

~amy~ said...

Kelly, these are super adorable! What a great purchase those banners are! Thanks for playing with us at Let's Get Trendy Now 3!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous cards, like you I struggled to find neon in my stash. I found about 4 papers. Deb x

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful cards! This will definitely add cheer to Maddy's day.

donna mikasa said...

Maddy will love these! I like how you added the sentiment on the banner. Thanks for joining CTS this week!

yyam said...

Oooooh..I love the happy bright colours...those premade banners are perfect for the sweet cards! Love the sequin center.

Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Trendy 3!!!!