Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!  It's has been a while since my last post.   I turned 42, celebrated Christmas with the family, and started P90X on Christmas Eve with my husband.  I been worn out from the running/errands and working out, but overall I feel great to get control of my exercise program again.  I injured myself back in October and got completely derailed. 
My husband and I have turned it up!  "Bring it!" as the DVD says...
We have completed the first week.  woohoo!

Anyways, I decided to share a card set I gave for Christmas. 
I posted my original set on Two Peas in a Bucket after being inspired by "momzhart's" use of the white damask stickers ( I cannot find her original card). I cut the side off of the sticker and added that piece to the bottom left.   The dots are done by hand with Liquid Pearls.  I added the salmon color for this set of 8 cards. 







Supplies:  Heidi Swapp damask stickers, Liquid Pearls, MS butterfly punch, MM wire for the antennae, EK circle punches, EK scallop circle, Hero Arts "Classic Messages", different black and white patterned paper, cardstock.



I added a butterfly to the back of the envelopes:

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope 2011 brings you many blessings! 
I hope to add scrapbook pages to my blog this year.  I started off as a scrapbooker and then used the scraps to make cards.  I would like to catch up a bit on my family history preservation and hope you enjoy seeing those too.  -Kelly

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful set of cards.

Stella said...

I love this gorgeous set of cards; all the colors go so well together. They all look so soft and elegant and it's a lovely gift.
And that butterfly on the envelope is too cute!
I can't wait to see your scrapbookpages; I have no doubt they will be just as gorgeous as your cards!

My Organized Chaotic Life said...

Very pretty. I thought they were the pearl designs! I guess I've never seen the liquid pearls, are they similar to glossy accents? Nice design work by hand!