Friday, August 27, 2010

Directions for Teacher Treats

I had several requests for the directions to make the teacher treats shown in my August 25, 2010 post. These would be cute to give out at Christmas too! The project is taken directly from Creating Keepsakes magazine, September 2010 issue by Jamie Ward.



Supplies:

  • Cardstock: yellow, pink
  • Aluminum foil
  • Scoring tool (I used my Martha Stewart Scoreboard)
  • pinking scissors
  • scissors or paper trimmer
  • hole punch
  • adhesive (I used glue dots and Scotch Quick Dry)
  • Rolos (one pack per gift)
  • Hersey Kisses (need one piece per gift)
  • embellishments (I used the George cart on the Cricut for the stars, Lawn Fawn "Harold's ABC stamps for the letters, a hole punch and ribbon)



1. Cut 3 1/2" X 4 1/2" piece of yellow cardstock. Score lines lengthwise every 1/4"



2. Trim one short end with pinking scissors. Wrap cardstock around pack of Rolos, pinked end toward the bottom and adhere.



3. Wrap 3 1/2" X 3/8" piece of pink cardstock around the top end of the Rolos. Cut circle from pink cardstock same size as top of Rolos, to create eraser top. Adhere in place.

4. Adhere 3 1/5" X 3/8" piece of aluminum foil around the seam where the yellow and pink papers meet.

5. Adhere Hersey Kiss to bottom of Rolos for the pencil point.

6. Add embellishments, name tags, etc. I used my Lawn Fawn "Harold's ABC" set to stamp the names


These are really easy to make and were such a big hit this week. Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by! -Kelly

No comments: